Noelle Jones Principal Consultant
Noelle is an economic modelling expert specialising in strategic market, regulatory and technology analysis in the ICT sector. With over 30 years of experience, Noelle has an extensive track record in applying analytical and problem solving skills to a wide range of different environments worldwide, in both developed and developing countries. She has considerable expertise in the development of innovative methodologies for analysing economic problems and market data, at both the macro and micro level, encompassing project evaluation, demand forecasting, strategic market analysis, benchmarking, pricing analysis, consumer spending, business modelling and cost-benefit analysis.
Noelle has been instrumental in numerous spectrum valuation projects across the Asia-Pacific region and North America for operators seeking to acquire spectrum and governments wishing to set market-based prices.
Other recent roles include:
- examining economic, market and spectrum licensing issues associated with introducing 2.5GHz mobile broadband services in Australia
- undertaking an economic feasibility study for an international submarine cable to the Cook Islands
- advising on market and tariff strategies for broadband services
- investigating the experiences of spectrum trading in Australia on behalf of the Australian Government
- developing a comprehensive financial model of a mobile operator that was used by a consortium of investors in negotiations with the potential investment target
- leader of a team providing expert policy advice to the Australian Government on the potential impact that new mobile telecommunications technologies may have on the delivery of traditional and new forms of audiovisual content in the Australian market.
Noelle joined Network Strategies in 1997 after working with Analysys Ltd from 1995 to 1997. Prior to that, she held a number of senior positions with Telstra and its predecessor, Telecom Australia, over the period 1982-1994. These roles included market analysis, business planning, forecasting, tariffing and IT. Noelle holds a Master of Computing from Monash University, specialising in artificial intelligence, a Graduate Diploma in Data Processing from the Chisholm Institute of Technology (now part of Monash University), and a Bachelor of Science (Honours) from the University of Melbourne, majoring in Mathematical Statistics.@email@example.com